What's In April's issue of the eNewsletter:
- What’s New at EatRight Ontario: A Free Guide to Reducing Sodium
- Hot Topic: April is Daffodil Month
- Question of the month: How much physical activity do I need and how
do I get motivated?
- Recipes of the Month: Fresh dips for spring
QUESTION of the MONTH
Question: Now that spring is here, I want to get more active. How much physical activity do I need and how do I get motivated?
Answer: Spring is a great time to get into the habit of being more active after a long winter. Below are recommendations for how much physical activity you should aim for:
- Adults 18 years and older need at least 2 ½ hours of moderate to
vigorous physical activity every week.
- Children aged 5 to 11 and youth aged 12 to 17 need 60 minutes or
more of moderate to vigorous physical activity everyday.
Here are some examples of moderate and vigorous activities and read this parent’s guide to physical activity for kids.
If you are having trouble getting motivated, check out our top 10 SMART Physical Activity Goals that will help you find the goal that will work best for you.